The final program fee will INCLUDE the following:
1. All housing in Rome and Istanbul (please see Accommodation page for more details on housing).
2. Flight from Rome’s Fuimicino Airport to Istanbul’s Atatürk Airport.
3. All scheduled course site visits + field trips. This includes the cost of transportation (whether public or private transport), and entry fees to historic sites. In Rome, this includes trips to Ostia Antica, the gardens at Tivoli and Villa D’Este as well as Hadrian’s Villa. Florence, Orvieto and Venice are will be optional weekend trips during our time in Rome . In Istanbul, this includes trips (by private bus) to the early Ottoman Capitals of Bursa and Edirne, as well as an inclusive 6 day trip into Central Anatolia for visits to Cappadoccia, and Ephesus. This also includes ALL scheduled entry fees to Roman/Turkish museums, galleries and historic sites.
4. Metro-cards for public transport in Rome (valid on Bus, some city trains and subway) and for Istanbul (valid on the overground tram, subway, Bosphorous + Golden Horn ferries, public busses, funicular service and some city trains).
5. Welcome and farewell dinners in Rome and Istanbul.
6. Access to the study centers in Rome and Istanbul.
7. Access to 24 hour emergency service.
8. Studio supplies fee.
9. Insurance coverage for four months.
10. All administrative costs to the School of Architecture + Department of Landscape Architecture and University of Minnesota’s Learning Abroad Center.
What this does NOT include:
Departure airfare to Rome and Return airfare from Istanbul